new free boosted and N/A delco software

A forum for Twin Cam and G###W fitted vehicles specific chat

Moderators: elky, rodeobob, Spaminator

antus
Administrator
Administrator

new free boosted and N/A delco software

Post by antus »

Just a heads up that the OSE12P delco software has been released. Its got many extra features over the standard '808 codes including boost, wideband o2 and much more. Its entirely free, windows based and more capable than other commercial solutions. Its running my G200W efi system built from junkyard JE camira parts perfectly. You can get it as well as my non-boosted G200W tune here:

http://delcohacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=356

cul8r

Re: new free boosted and N/A delco software

Post by cul8r »

Hi Antus, whats the advantages of this over the stock g200w efi system?

Quite interisted but this is a little over my grasp at the moment...

Keen on some more info about your setup? - ie what you used/did to make it work

antus
Administrator
Administrator

Post by antus »

Well, Its fully tunable with good windows based software. It can support normally aspirated, or boosted configurations. It supports RPM up to 9600. It can drive 4 external outputs that can be configured however you like, mapping any engine variables against each other. For example some people have used it on ecotec V6 to open the charcoal canister purge at the right time, others have used it to switch spark maps providing retarded timing for launch traction at drags, which then switches to the regular spark tables for maximum output when the car is off the line (and/or can do the same thing for boost, or even nitrus if you wanted). It supports wideband O2 logging for tuning. With one of VL400s NVRAM boards and some extra free interface software I wrote it supports realtime editing over ALDL. It has soft touch rev limiting (it reduces timing before it goes full fuel cut so it doesnt bash the engine at maximum load when you hit redline). It also is self learning capable for the fuel mixture based on the readings from the O2 sensor.

You can graph engine information (for example this, many more possibilities available) from when I was tracking an intermittent issue under wide open throttle (which turned out to be a bad ecu - rare! see the injector pulse width drop and the rpm dip at the top of the launch, even though the pedal is still to the floor!) or you can go for the more traditional dash board view.

Plus its easily available by raiding most the sensors and the seperate EFI loom and fuse/relay box, ecu of a JE camira and the reluctor distributor off a RB gemini (which then needs minimal further mods - shorten shaft, swap gear on shaft with a twincam gear, lock the mechanical advance, and remove the ignitor). Theres also a good community of people now who know the system and can help you come up to speed with it.
Last edited by antus on 30 Dec 2009, 21:13, edited 1 time in total.

cul8r

Post by cul8r »

Thanks, thats quite a help there.

Excuse my ignorance, but does this remove the need for a AFM? Say I want to supercharge a g200w, whats involved from this/your side of things?

I can get hold of (99% sure of it anyway) JE camira ecu/loom - as there's one sitting at a mate of mines wrecking yard.. The RB gemini may be a bit harder to source.. Never really came in the numbers that a camira or T series gemini did to new zealand..

antus
Administrator
Administrator

Post by antus »

it uses MAP (manifold air pressure) to measure airflow. 1 bar is atmospheric pressure and that sensor is on the camira. in order to go in to post, you need a 2 bar (good for up to 14.5psi) or 3 bar (good for 29psi) sensor. These can be found on ebay. The gm or haltech ones are all the same thing.

The ecu is the same as the vn/vp commodore as well, although you need need the right memcal (chip) as there is a resistor in that package which tells the computer that its driving a 4 cylinder car. It is possible to change the resistor yourself to convert a commodore chip or - and i would recommend it - pm vl400 on delcohacking and get his nvram kit, which you use instead of the memcal, and which includes jumpers to pick 4 6 or 8 cyl, and allows the real time editing and self learning features which makes the tuning side of things a lot easyer (around $200, and that inlcudes the $100 nvram chip). If you got that, then most the rest of the stuff could come off the commodore, as the 'ecu (and some later delco ecu) have compatible sensors. The distributor doesnt need to be RB gemini, I just know that is a straight forward way to do it. What you need is a distributor with a reluctor in it, and then that feeds in to the camira module, which connects to the ecu.

Anyway I hope that makes sense and im not getting to far ahead of myself.

antus
Administrator
Administrator

Post by antus »

I think an isuzu 4zd1 distributor would also be a good donor candidate.

IZU069
Spaminator
Spaminator
I live in: Vic

Post by IZU069 »

Antus, why do you think a 4ZD1 dizzy would be better than your aforementioned modified Gemini-RB dizzy?
IZU069 - Isuzu means a lot to me.

antus
Administrator
Administrator

Post by antus »

4zd1 is good because its got the same guts, fits an isuzu engine, and has a shaft. I tried to get an RB dis on the weekend and didnt have any alan keys on me so failed, but after looking in the end of an RB engine which was missing the dis it looked more like it'd fit the camira dis.

Do you have pics of an RB distributor? Do they have a similar shaft to the G series distributors or camira? Re-reading on the gemini sites I now realise they talk of swapping the guts in to a gemini distributor. The 4zd1 might not need that.

IZU069
Spaminator
Spaminator
I live in: Vic

Post by IZU069 »

You just remove the guts from the RB dizzy (ie: ignitor, upper rotor, & breaker-plate (bearing) with its reluctor) - nothing else. (Those parts fit in pockets.)

The 4ZD1 dizzy fits 4Z engines, but NOT G series. As I recall, the 4ZD1 dizzy is very different to the G-Z & G-dizzies {other than its wrong rotation for mechanical advance(s), and arguable too reluctor magnetisation path}, but I only ever considered using the 4ZE1 (though now I have its I-TEC G200W equivalent from the Piazza's).

But the Z-series Gemini dizzy into G-series (OHVs, S-SOHCs, & W-DOHCs) is a cinch.
No shaft drilling or housing changes - merely a cut shaft. No fancy mounting brackets. (And for the DOHCs, trivial shaft shimming for the larger ID DOHC drive gear.)

I have seen RB dizzies fitted with an extended shaft for the Z-engines - I'm sure some turkey can explain why (unless for the later RB RPM-advance mechanism).
I have also seen Camira (& Civic etc) dizzy guts grafted onto or fitted into G-Z & G-W DOHC & other dizzies - again maybe the birds know why (the HEI-8 ignitor may be fair enough, but that multi-pole horizontal reluctors - :roll: !
Just use the RB types as found in other vehicles (Nissan etc).)
IZU069 - Isuzu means a lot to me.