twin cam in my TG

A forum for Twin Cam and G###W fitted vehicles specific chat

Moderators: elky, rodeobob, Spaminator

Coron
Probationary Member
Probationary Member

twin cam in my TG

Post by Coron »

hey ya, im new here but ive been on the HoldenGemini.net forums for awhile. ive just had a head bolt break off in the block of my g180z and then the easy-out broke off aswell :? so it looks like a good time to ask a question or 2. im now just trying to get a rough idea of how much it would cost me to get a twin cam engineered in my TG, i live in vic, it will be a road car, im doing the work to save cash. what apart from the engine needs upgrading, breaks? do i need a cat? any help would be much appricated
Harry

bad 44u

Post by bad 44u »

you need to talk to an engineer. but if yoy can get enough proof the twin cam came out of a gemini you don't have to get it engineered.

elky
I live in: Qld

Post by elky »

you most probably will need a rear brake upgrade to the same specs as the car the dohc came out of

the motor will bolt in no worries without mods

so basically it should be pretty easy
Gem-wreck

wrecking gemini's, piazzas, early rodeo's and jackaroo's 0419021757

archangel62
Long Term Member
Long Term Member

Post by archangel62 »

Call your local Vehicle Standards hotline. The number here in SA is 1800 882 248, I'm not sure if it's a national number or not. Talk to them about it, be polite and patient and listen to what they have to say even if they go off on a tangent.

I was nice and patient with a bloke here who initially said I could not get my twincam engineered with an aftermarket ECU, then later came around once I'd explained it to him properly :)

I'd only have to have a visual inspection to confirm the engine mountings etc are safe, have the engine number sighted, have a basic exhaust gas test (the cheap $80 kind) and some cheap stamp duty for engine number change and that's all, and that's with aftermarket ECU!
Twincam needs: surge tank, EFI lines, TPS, recored radiator, hoses, assemble the ECU (50% done).