ignition module??

A forum for Twin Cam and G###W fitted vehicles specific chat

Moderators: elky, rodeobob, Spaminator

nut161

ignition module??

Post by nut161 »

the twincam in my panno was originally run by an oldschool haltech which i have since ditched in favor of a set of twins. now the last piece of the puzzle is spark, is the ignition module in the dizzy like the rb setup?? or is it supposed to have an external module?? if its to much hassle i have a crane optical setup i could use.

any help appreciated as i really want to hear this thing fire up on the twins.

bad 44u

Post by bad 44u »

On mine i ditched the module and ran the dizzy as a magnetic pickup for my msd ignition made life easy.

nut161

Post by nut161 »

yeah this is only a daily driver but. ive got a crane cdi on it but that turned out to be the wrong module for a magnetic pickup. basically i need to know if they have an external module or is it inside the dizzy? hopefully its inside then i can just hook the wires to the coil and im away

bad 44u

Post by bad 44u »

how many wires coming out of it?
take the cap and rotor off. then you might have to remove a cover plate and then you'll see the module inside or not inside. it will be a black square with two wires from the dizzy and two out. most have them internally unless they have been modified.

nut161

Post by nut161 »

its got 2 terminals at 90 degrees to each other coming out of a large square box on the side
looks identical to this one
http://workshopmanual.org/twincam/viewt ... ce3c5f33b5
but i will have to open it up to make sure the guts are still there, that didnt even cross my mind :(

bad 44u

Post by bad 44u »

90% sure it would have a module in it