A forum for Twin Cam and G###W fitted vehicles specific chat

Moderators: elky, rodeobob, Spaminator

Poida
Administrator
Administrator
I live in: Vic

Time to make some changes...

Post by Poida »

I'm toying with the idea of some changes to the forum.

Plans are to do away with the current theme and banner logo.

The theme I will be using is the same theme as used on the HoldenGemini.net forum.
This is an example:

I'd like to put an image of a members twin cam engine bay up in the header. If you people could get some really nice pics (good lighting and a decent camera resolution, phone cameras generally just don't do it I'm afraid) and post them in this thread I can hopefully find a few to choose from.

So, this is an opportunity to get some really good images happening and maybe your car will one day be the show piece of this humble forum header.
Last edited by Poida on 03 Jun 2007, 11:45, edited 2 times in total.

archangel62
Long Term Member
Long Term Member

Post by archangel62 »

Sounds good, go for it! I like the HoldenGemini.net forum template.

As for the header image, you could even make it select randomly from a set of images. There's something like this on www.justgemsofsa.net but I can't find the code :P
Twincam needs: surge tank, EFI lines, TPS, recored radiator, hoses, assemble the ECU (50% done).

Poida
Administrator
Administrator
I live in: Vic

Post by Poida »

Well the changes are under way now.

This is the basic scheme I'm going with and there is a reason why. The TwinCam forum is about to be merged into the HoldenGemini.net site.

Everything will remain the same as it is now from a forum members poiint of view. The changes are in the background and will more or less be visible as a few extra links that take you in and out of the different sections of the HoldenGemini.net site.

An image will replace the black text I'm currently using in the page headers. I'd like some really nice clear and bright images of peoples TwinCam engine bays so I can choose a suitable header image. The members who's image/s get selected will have a final say when the header image is produced. If they like the finished product their car will be proudly on display.

As usual, any feedback is welcomed especiially if you find something buggy. let me know as quickly as possible and I'll fix it.

archangel62
Long Term Member
Long Term Member

Post by archangel62 »

Phoar, looking good! The main menu page especially.

I like the idea of this forum merge!

As for the engine bay pics, I should be able to have some in a few weeks ;) although due to my engine bay being rough they'll probably need some photoshopping... But I'll see what I can do.
Twincam needs: surge tank, EFI lines, TPS, recored radiator, hoses, assemble the ECU (50% done).