Missing - now OK DYNO CHART

A forum for Twin Cam and G###W fitted vehicles specific chat

Moderators: elky, rodeobob, Spaminator

zzr81

Missing - now OK DYNO CHART

Post by zzr81 »

I just got myself another computer for my G180W from Japan, wanna see if my current computer is the cause of the occasional missing.
Im no mechanic but when crusing, say 80km/h and not under accelation it seems she misses a bit. Does not happen all the time.
I should also get the alternator redone, but first I will try plug in this computer. Some ppl say the computer may not be getting enough power, due the alternator. The alternator I have been told is about .5v lower than is should be according to an auto elec.

Ive got all the leads/full filter /plugs changed so I doubt is that. But it maybe the injectors or even something else... maybe others may know?

lets see what happens....

this is not the computer but similar (actually exactly the same apart from the serial no)

Last edited by zzr81 on 26 Apr 2006, 17:55, edited 1 time in total.

mikuni

Post by mikuni »

Have you checked the plug into the air flow meter? I had a little trouble with my G2 when cruising and idling but when giving it shit it was fine. Tuned out a wire from the afm was broken. They are very different afms but might be the cause..
1979 Vauxhall Chevette Wagon G200W
1982 Isuzu Gemini Wagon G161

zzr81

Post by zzr81 »

well the alternator is OK... but I had a heap of problems with the wiring of the indicators which had to be fixed, which was causing the drain of power when I was using them...

Auto Elec... Gees feels like I got bent over and rammed big time... they charge like I needed to take a 2nd morgage out... oh well its fixed now.

I plugged the COMPUTER in on the weekend too... not much difference there .... off to the dyno on wednesday..

whats the rotor button interchangable with

zzr81

Post by zzr81 »

well the car is now behaving itself with some cleanup and adjustments of the dizzy - always the cause of problems.

archangel62
Long Term Member
Long Term Member

Post by archangel62 »

Ah I can't believe that! I re-read this thread (having been stumped the last time I read it) and instantly thought "Hmm maybe the points were grubby" - because this was causing problems with my mate's car a little while ago.

Tell me thats what it was... lol

Oh the pic isn't working for me :(
Twincam needs: surge tank, EFI lines, TPS, recored radiator, hoses, assemble the ECU (50% done).