engine spec's & part suppliers

Known resources of twin cam spare part suppliers...

Moderators: elky, rodeobob

baldynugget

engine spec's & part suppliers

Post by baldynugget »

i've had a g180 twin for a few years & i want to rebuild it.can anyone help me on info on workshop manuals or spec,s & supplier of parts.ive tried for a few year to find info but failed & its driving me nuts.HELP

Poida
Administrator
Administrator
I live in: Vic

Post by Poida »

I have a bit of info regarding the G200W but it's all in Japanese. Parts, well, there is a fair bit of info on that through the forum. Keep in mind the G series twin cam engines were never released in Australia so expect that parts won't be readily available over the counter. None of the parts books even list a twin cam engine! Best bet would be to keep a watch on eBay because stuff does pop up from time to time. The G200W engines did see service in New Zealand in the earlier model Piazza.

Bradlze
Administrator
Administrator

Re: engine spec's & part suppliers

Post by Bradlze »

baldynugget wrote:i've had a g180 twin for a few years & i want to rebuild it.can anyone help me on info on workshop manuals or spec,s & supplier of parts.ive tried for a few year to find info but failed & its driving me nuts.HELP
what info are you looking for? post up what you need and im pretty sure somebody would know something

baldynugget

engine spec's

Post by baldynugget »

i'm mainly after spec's on head tensions,cam cap tension & if possible an idea on timing chain positions.cheers.

Bradlze
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bradlze »

for the head torque I would be trying to same torque as a g200
although i am not sure thats the best i could believe it to be unless any other members have any thoughts

timing chain positions try doing a search im pretty sure theres a picture of it somewhere in here

also another thought for finding out head torques etc try getting a torque wrench on the existing item and just go up from XX knm up every 5 knm and see when it actually starts to turn and that will be a bit of problem solving
if that made any sense

GeminiCoupe
Long Term Member
Long Term Member

Post by GeminiCoupe »

Bottom end bearings, both crank and rod on both G180w and G200w are the same as G200z. I beleive the piston rings may also be interchangeable.
Project One - 1976 TX Gemini Coupe G200z Turbo
Daily - S15 200SX, 13.29 @ 107mph

archangel62
Long Term Member
Long Term Member

Post by archangel62 »

Will save you the search, here's the thread on timing the cams:

http://poida.x10hosting.com/twincam/viewtopic.php?t=8

As for the cam cap tensions, I'm interested too...
Last edited by Poida on 04 Feb 2012, 21:06, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: update link address
Twincam needs: surge tank, EFI lines, TPS, recored radiator, hoses, assemble the ECU (50% done).