A forum for Non Twin Cam chat

Moderators: elky, Spaminator

IZU069
Spaminator
Spaminator
I live in: Vic

Pimped LUV

Post by IZU069 »

No - my El is still free. But yesterday on Pimp My Ride was a Chevy LUV. I was impressed how often it got "the ugliest ever" comments - whether the overall look, or the dash & cockpit, etc.

Not that I've looked in detail - I just hit record on my PC-TV as I was working on other things - but it was a 4 (round) headlight model with typical oval Florian/LUV/early KB dash. (I'm not sure if it had the 2 oval speedo & gauges, or the later 3 circular speedo and gauges.)

Why mention this on twincam? Well the Florian is a LUV/KB sedan, and since my Florian/s had/has a G200W... (You know - the grey nurse that beat V8s, rotaries, WRXs, etc - thanks to a $200 exhaust job on a standard 117 G200W with twin Weber DCOE45s...)

Alas I too thought the Florian was ugly until I saw a pale green spread in some magazine, though they do have a rather nice rear c-pillar line, almost coupish.
But it has possibilities, especially with the TS-Florian quad headlights similar to some LUVs & KBs, and the later big taillights, and maybe the nosed bonnets of the KBs & LUVs. (The early Florians had a flatish front bonnet. But like their useless oblong headlights, that's a contender for modification to the KB configuration - especially if standard 3-belt DOHC pulleys are to be used.)

Anyhow, Pimp did the usual front spoiler and bonnet scoop mods that are common with LUVs etc and added a linear actuated solid tray cover for the owners camping desires - plus all the audio features required for subsequent tub entertaining. I may post some screen dumps later if I can get them.
Alas I don't think they touched the running gear. Pity - IMO a 400Nm G200W through an LSD would have added real street cred.

Maybe I'll get to see their pimped Chevette again sometime...

Hmm - I wonder if they actually thought the Chevy LUV was a Chevy?
IZU069 - Isuzu means a lot to me.

Poida
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Pimped LUV

Post by Poida »

Like so many TV shows these days, some of the Pimp my Ride episodes can be viewed online. I found these...

Chevy LUV
http://www.mtv.com.au/shows/pimp-my-rid ... luv-324578
http://www.mtv.com.au/shows/pimp-my-rid ... lf-324580/
http://www.mtv.com.au/shows/pimp-my-rid ... ue-324581/

Lucky Neil!!!

IZU069
Spaminator
Spaminator

Re: Pimped LUV

Post by IZU069 »

Damn - I didn't record the end of "Universal Soldier" last night. I knew there was a reason but I thought nah - she's not THAT good looking or fleshy, and Dolph isn't that appealing (bloody Swedes!).
Anyhow, I tuned in near the end to see if Dolph beat the Predator this time around. Nah...

But there it was - MY LUV - as in a Chevy LUV (or Isuzu KB) with a 4 round headlight front - aka TS-Florian with the bullnose bonnet. (I have standardised my pre-1980 fleet with traditional quad round headlights - hence most Bellett sedans & late model Bellett GTs, and conversion of oblong Florian headlights to the Florian TS or quad-LUV.)

Maybe I can get Universal Soldier's LUV bits. Dolph's nearby grenade merely caused the LUV's door to open - a testament to tough LUV{s}. (Lesser/normal vehicles would have had that door blown in and most glass out.)

As to the recording, maybe I could find it on the web.... But hey, I like to keep it real.
IZU069 - Isuzu means a lot to me.