A forum for Non Twin Cam chat

Moderators: elky, Spaminator

Bellett Racer
Probationary Member
Probationary Member

I'll go first...

Post by Bellett Racer »

hi all.
so, whats been going on with everyone lately?

me... ive been very busy with work, had a bit of a health scare in the middle of it, have been trying to find enuf time to get some work done on my Bellett GT resto, and have just got my Wasp back on the road after doing a few minor changes.
actually, the Wasp is out of the shed this weekend (27/5) for the first time since Feb. 06, so i'm looking forward to that, and with some luck, the GT should be finished by the end of Sept.
if fact, it has to be finished about then, because its heading north with the Wasp and my Bellett race car at the end of October for a car event.
the poor bloody race car hasnt even been looked at since Nov last year, and is still sitting on the trailer from its last time out! just been too busy with everything else, but when the GT is done, it'll be out again.

anyway, hope u all are well.
who's next?

archangel62
Long Term Member
Long Term Member

Re: I'll go first...

Post by archangel62 »

Bellett Racer wrote:had a bit of a health scare in the middle of it
How bad? If you don't mind me asking.

Me? Well, I'm just dropping out of uni, I've only been there one semester and didn't take a gap year, I don't like my course and I'm failing it (just a minor detail). I might do a writing course or something fun for the rest of the year, and work. Next year I want to take a gap year and work, maybe save up and go on a holiday, spend some time with the missus etc.

My main priority at the moment is to make my car work, I'm SO sick of it not working, it's just getting ridiculous. It's pretty much all I want at the moment. Also, I've lived on my own for a few years, but now my dad's moved back in with me for his own reasons, and things are abit weird, Also I'm incredibly poor because uni reduced my workable hours, but I'm applying for a job at a pub/hotel because the pay completely embarrasses my stupid supermarket job.

Things with the girlfriend are infinitely complicated. But lets not get into that!

Everyone else?
Twincam needs: surge tank, EFI lines, TPS, recored radiator, hoses, assemble the ECU (50% done).

GeminiCoupe
Long Term Member
Long Term Member

Post by GeminiCoupe »

Hrm, do i get started on the trials and tribulations of my life? Perhaps another day in detail.

Ex gf is causing me headaches, especially her and that fuckhead shes with. Doesnt bother me that much though, hes too scared to look me in the face so all is well for the time being.

Living with parents = death. Getting screamed at because the TX Sedan is sitting in the garage with the 2L in but not running, the S15, the mazda 3 and the yaris are all outside, and even my mum is begining to get frustrated at the lack of progress on the TX Coupe. One day...one day...

The S15 is awesome, untouchable on the street thus far. 11 wins from 11 starts haha.

Nick-
Project One - 1976 TX Gemini Coupe G200z Turbo
Daily - S15 200SX, 13.29 @ 107mph

bad 44u

Post by bad 44u »

If use are like me car's and there parts don't help any situation. Ive got one project ute at a mates house 3 years old. my twin cam at mum and dad's house 5 years old and my 2.6 tg with me. i moved to canberra to finish my last year of my apprenticeship but on trade wages on a hand shake. well they screwed my royally im earning less working more and its freezing cold.
I moved in with some lesbian's thought they might be fun, there the most boring people ive ever met and all they do is complain about my cars or a little bit of grease in the outside laundry where they make me wash.
And to top it off ive been waiting two months for a clutch.

archangel62
Long Term Member
Long Term Member

Post by archangel62 »

Ha, I know that feeling. I waited two months for a clutch too. Snap. The thing is, it's one thing after another for me (and everyone else too I'm sure). I wait a month for a gearbox, wait another month for an engine crane, wait two months for a clutch and currently about a month for a freaking sandwich plate (between gbox+engine). Next thing you know I'll be waiting three months for a vaccuum hose.

Oh and I think my lease not being renewed at my old flat had something to do with the complete diff in my kitchen, and the twincam, in parts, floating in 4lt of god-only-knows-how-old oil on a tarpaulin, on top of carpet in the spare room. Bahahah, good times. :lol:

Sorry to go twice, but it was pretty relevant lol
Twincam needs: surge tank, EFI lines, TPS, recored radiator, hoses, assemble the ECU (50% done).

bad 44u

Post by bad 44u »

on a good note, i got a new job in sydney paying heaps more getting away from the cold and the lesbians and i had a go at lining my interior with tin myself. I got quoted at least $200 just to cut the sheets after i made the templets so i had a go at it myself and it came up 99% perfect so ive had a few win's. hopefully its infectious and use all catch it.