G180W inlet - EFI or carby. ***Have bought one, all sorted**

If you are looking for something post your request here...

Moderators: elky, rodeobob

archangel62
Long Term Member
Long Term Member

G180W inlet - EFI or carby. ***Have bought one, all sorted**

Post by archangel62 »

Hey, I'm looking for an inlet for my G180W. I have the fuel injection rail which bolts onto the block, but it still ends in four ports and I need the bit that fits onto that. Alternatively, I might be interested in a regular inlet with weber. I live in Adelaide, Aust. but am willing to pay postage.

I am also looking for an ECU, preferably a discreet, reprogrammable one, to suit the engine. I've heard an Astra EFI computer would suit but this is more of a long term thing. I'm mostly interested in the inlet. Thanks.
Last edited by archangel62 on 22 Feb 2006, 03:31, edited 1 time in total.
Twincam needs: surge tank, EFI lines, TPS, recored radiator, hoses, assemble the ECU (50% done).

Robbo

Post by Robbo »

The part that is bolted onto your block that houses the injectors is the inlet manifold...

You are looking for the plenum and throttle body basically. You can get a custom plenum made, might be exy though, and you can use a throttle body of most EFI cars at a wreckers... people seem to have had success with 3.8 commodore ones, I've got an XF falcon one on mine.

Robbo

Post by Robbo »

also, the fuel injector rail, or fuel rail as it is normally called, is the tube that feeds fuel into the injectors...

gem

Post by gem »

archangel62 - I sent you some pictures .If you want a weber stye manifold I can also sell you one of these.
I have seen in your other post people are whinging about cam bearings. I have never had any problems with mine.So don't worry to much as they rearly wear out.But yes they are impossible to find.

Poida
Administrator
Administrator
I live in: Vic

Post by Poida »

I don't think 'whinging' it the correct term to use.

In situations where the engine is made to work hard most of the time, life expectancy of most components is shortened. I'm sure cam bearings with inherent oil supply problems will be a cause for concern to someone wishing to make a twenty year old engine work harder than it ever has before. Taking precautions isn't something I'd be avoiding if it's a known problem to begin with.

Honestly, you may have no problem at all with the cam bearings but if you are rebuilding an engine and you have the oppotunity to replace them, why not?

Now if someone has the actual specifications on hand for each of the individual bearings used in a twin cam engine it may make tracking them down a bit easier.

I need to know:
* Bearing shell O/D
* Bearing journal O/D
* Length of each bearing
* Oil supply for each bearing including info of oil chanels and delivery holes.

If someone has the ability to draw plans of these bearings that would be great. I don't have a head in pieces so I can't take any measurements.

I have a 568 page book of TRW engine bearings in front of me. It covers vehicles up to 1992. Chances are some of the parts listed in this book may be adapted to what we need. May need to buy multiple bearing kits to complete what each engine needs but that's the price.

Robbo

Post by Robbo »

Poida, while I do agree with the whole replacing them if you can, and also about working an engine hard will shorten its life... but keep in mind when gem says that he has never had problems with it, that means something... his twincam(s) are race engines, that constitutes working an engine harder... that's all, but yes, of course, if we can find another bearing the is adaptable, great!

I think gem was simply referring to the fact that people always mention the cam bearings as a down-side, but he's personally never had a problem with them so for him, they aren't the downside people always 'whinge' about them being

PF60ZZR

Post by PF60ZZR »

cam bearings are readily available from ISUZU japan, I've been told they're $125 per set

Poida
Administrator
Administrator
I live in: Vic

Post by Poida »

Excellent, I'll park my TRW book back in it's shelf then. Any idea of a part number?

archangel62
Long Term Member
Long Term Member

Post by archangel62 »

Thanks everyone, sorry I havn't posted in ages.

Gem has sorted out my plenum and throttle body issues, and thanks for the correction in terminology.

I don't know much about the G-series engines yet, but one of these days I will start pulling apart the G180W in my spare room, and I may be able to take measurements - however if they are available from Isuzu Japan then salvation is at hand :D
Twincam needs: surge tank, EFI lines, TPS, recored radiator, hoses, assemble the ECU (50% done).