HEI Dissy parts needed.

If you are looking for something post your request here...

Moderators: elky, rodeobob

Poida
Administrator
Administrator
I live in: Vic

HEI Dissy parts needed.

Post by Poida »

Many thanks to elky for providing me with a reluctor type HEI dissy even though it is incomplete. It now gives me a starting point to begin building this Delco conversion.

I'm not sure of the brand of this dissy and I can't see any trademark stamps on the housing. It has a ND type of reluctor and is using the ND brand marked components which appear to have been retro fitted. The housing has a fixed shaft with no provision for mechanical or vacuum advance. Ther is no hole in the casing to fit a vacuum advance module. It appears to have come from an enginethat would have had a full computer controlled spark.

There is a part number stamped into the outer casing.
D4P80-01 1805T5

Does anyone have a spare points type dissy that they can offer or a compatible HEI dissy thats incomplete which I can scavenge some parts from.

I need a drive gear cog with its retaining pin

I need the plate that retains the bearing in the housing (inside the top of the dissy) and the two screws that fix it in place. The shaft diameter is 12.5mm.

I'm also needing to find a dissy cap to suit as the one on my points dissy has a smaller base diameter. The cap for this dissy needs to have a 75mm inside diameter to locate on the dissy housing. It will have a 12 x 6mm keyway inside the clip journal and the plug terminals are 45° out of phase with the clips.
The base of the dissy which the cap contacts is 34mm from the upper surface of the rotor button.

I'm still also interested in looking for any other reluctor type HEI distributors to suit a twin cam engine.

-elky-

dizzy

Post by -elky- »

yeah i hope that helps ya pioda! i know stuff all about them even tho i got heaps of twin cam stuff!!!

one day i will sit down and inspect both g180w and g200w dizzys to see the difference!

dizzy caps are a barstard to source!!! i sold one then found out it had a home on my spare g180w! bugger

cheers
TBA