HEI twin cam dissy.

If you are looking for something post your request here...

Moderators: elky, rodeobob

Poida
Administrator
Administrator
I live in: Vic

HEI twin cam dissy.

Post by Poida »

I'm looking for a complete electronic dissy to replace the points type model in my G180W engine. Prefer one that triggers by Hall effect or reluctor methods. I'll need any external modules that would normally connect with it too.

PM me with offers please.

Bradlze
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bradlze »

so the g200w one?
got any pic of the difference cos i got some spare but ..?

Poida
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Poida »

Easier if you can show me what you have there. I haven't actually had one to take pics of. I hope the G200 one will suit. What type of swithing gear has it got? A description will help.

As soon as I have something I can get started on setting up the Delco on it. I think I can set up with reluctor or Hall effect trigger. Not so sure about optical. It won't run with a points dissy. For now I'll set up a dissy trigger and spark source for starters then try something different.

I have bought a 4 cylinder coilpack that runs from a reluctor trigger. Not unlike the setup used in the V6 Commodore engine. It's off a 2.2 litre 1987 C10/Cavalier engine. Hopefully I can set up wasted spark... well that's the plan. I may need to find a later model coilpack if I end up running a Hall effect trigger

Poida
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Poida »

I'm still looking for a reluctor type HEI dissy for my G180W....

For reference it looks like this.