DOHC engine mounts

If you are looking for something post your request here...

Moderators: elky, rodeobob

GeminiCoupe
Long Term Member
Long Term Member

DOHC engine mounts

Post by GeminiCoupe »

Im after a set of DOHC engine mounts as my block doesnt have them, im assuming they are different compared to the SOHC, and different again compared to the JR130 or 117. Anyone know a definitive answer, and anyone know where i can get a pair?

My engine is ex-JR130, which means it should be the same as the PF60E ZZ/R engine.

Nick-
Project One - 1976 TX Gemini Coupe G200z Turbo
Daily - S15 200SX, 13.29 @ 107mph

Bradlze
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bradlze »

dude i will try and have a look for you i have atm 2 and a half complete engines and one with a rod through the side of the block that have been totally stripped down to bare balls so ther should be some spares

mikuni

Post by mikuni »

would you be interested in getting them from over here (NZ)? You know pf and jr mounts are different ay? The engine sits surther back in the Piazza, hence the mounts are different in the gem. When I get my new g200w I will be taking off the existing mounts (Piazza) and putting on gemini ones so I'll have spares.

edit: Sorry I'm assuming your putting it into a piazza? I just realised it doesn't say. If its going into a gem, standard g161 mounts will do.
1979 Vauxhall Chevette Wagon G200W
1982 Isuzu Gemini Wagon G161

GeminiCoupe
Long Term Member
Long Term Member

Post by GeminiCoupe »

Yeah its going in a Gemini, my Piazza has a 4ZC1T. I know the mounts were different on the 117coupe because of the oil filter location, wasnt aware of a difference b/w JR and PF. Have you fitted a G200w to a Gemini using SOHC mounts?

Nick-

mikuni

Post by mikuni »

Yeap. It was a chevette but they use the same xmember, so the mounting points are the same.
Pulled the piazza mounts off from the block and bolted the sohc g161 mounts on - motor bolts straight in. Gearbox xmember needs to be fabricated (as far as i know, i needed to make one for the chevette but gems/piazzas may be the same?).
Only problem here, which I'm sure you would be aware of is that when you change the mounts to gemini ones the piazza exhaust manifold dumps STRAIGHT into where the new gemini mount is. For this reason custom extractors (or ex. man.) need to be fabricated.
1979 Vauxhall Chevette Wagon G200W
1982 Isuzu Gemini Wagon G161

GeminiCoupe
Long Term Member
Long Term Member

Post by GeminiCoupe »

Im in the process of building the engine to suit forced induction so the exhaust manifold will be all custom, so thats no drama.

Thanks for the heads up.

Cheers,

Nick-

Tassie ZZ/Z
Probationary Member
Probationary Member

Post by Tassie ZZ/Z »

Anyone looked at Jackaroo or Shuttle mounts? I looked at Ricks motor at Winton the other day and those mount brackets were looking similar to the Jackaroo ones I have down home, or were they Shuttle or were they? can't bloody remember.....................

ask Daniel to take a picture of his ZZ/R mounts and the mystery may be almost solved.
ZZ/Z DOHC - The way they should have been