News as it breaks...

Moderator: elky

Poida
Administrator
Administrator
I live in: Vic

Yawwwn... time to wake up again!

Post by Poida »

Wow, the forum has been offline for ages!

Sorry peoples. I had a lot of things going on and the host server the forum is on was crashed. I had tried to get it fixed but the dramas communicating between US and here was an issue. Still having some dramas getting the control panel on the server to work properly but we'll see if we can get it fixed. Anyway, forum is up again now, enjoy!!

Poida
Administrator
Administrator
I live in: Vic

Re: Yawwwn... time to wake up again!

Post by Poida »

And finally the server host pulled the pin! Yeah sorry that we were down and out for so long but I had been trying hard to sort things with a person who just lost interest and eventually everyone on his server lost all their sites. Many unhappy people and no one could get any communication with the owner. Lucky for me I hadn't paid the annual subscription fees because I was a bit cautious after the previous failing of the server, I was paying month for month.

So all that aside I shifted to a different server, had a few glitches getting it running right and then found my last backup was faulty!! Grrrr. I wasn;t sure about how to repair it which is why it's taken so long to fix. Now I got it working and I think it is complete, nothing I can see missing anyway. If you spot a fault, message me by PM asap. Include a detailed report of what you find, e screen image of any fault is helpful.

This host is a free server so we may get a few slow times or even the odd no service message but don't worry, we are still here and if you don't mind the odd glitch we are here to stay. I might look at another paid server in the long run. For now this is doing the job.

Ok so some changes have happened. I upgraded to the newer forum software. It allows a lot of new stuff to work here and has a different look. You'll find new features and I have set up a TEST forum just to play in. You have greater privileges in there so you can learn a bit about what this site looks like from the other side of the coin. Some features you find there won't be found in other areas.