The Delco 1227808 EMS...

Moderator: rodeobob

archangel62
Long Term Member
Long Term Member

Sensors for the Delco

Post by archangel62 »

Hey all,

I've read through Poida's list from the Camira Delco setup, and find myself short of quite a few required bits and bobs. I don't know which of these came out on the G180W/G200W, and which I will need to adapt, or where to get either.

I already have an exhaust O2 sensor on the header, but apart from that I have nothing, as far as I know. I believe I need:

-Delco 1227808 ECU
-Adaptor board
-Reprogrammable chip
-Electronic Dizzy from a G200W
-Inlet manifold pressure sensor
-Inlet manifold air temp sensor
-Engine coolant temp sensor
-Throttle (accelerator) position sensor
-Barometric pressure sensor

And besides the Delco and the Electronic Dizzy, I have no idea what these things look like, where to get them, how much to pay for them, or if I'll need to adapt them from another car. Any ideas would be appreciated, or if anyone has any of those things for sale.

Also, would this be an alternative to a G200W electronic dizzy? It's an electronic conversion kit for a G161Z dizzy... Would it have the CAS output that the G200W electronic dizzy has? If memory serves?

http://www.ozgemini.com/viewtopic.php?t=5761&start=0

Eli
Twincam needs: surge tank, EFI lines, TPS, recored radiator, hoses, assemble the ECU (50% done).

rodeobob

Post by rodeobob »

Heres how you get sensors and a loom and an ECU.

http://workshopmanual.org/twincam/viewtopic.php?t=84

Or you go in and get new ones to suit.

I would suggest a new 02 sensor, they are hard to get out and the most short lifed part of the system im led to believe.

The others should be fine used.

Cheers. Bob.

antus
Administrator
Administrator

Post by antus »

I'll be able to help with this soon, my kalmaker/delco setup should be running on my g200w this week. Most the parts can be grabbed off a camira, whatever TPS is allready on there will probably be fine (just a variable resistor set up to read a 0-5v depending on position). Agreed that the O2 should be replaced, Ive heard they are good for about 100,000kms only.

Since your also in SA your welcome to come and take a look at my car and I can talk you through what ive done to get it going. I'll also probably put a thread up on here about it once its proven working.

PS If your on the upcoming justgemsofsa cruise on the 27th may, and assuming theres no showstoppers and my car is on the road, you'll be able to check it out then too :)

The hardest bit is the ignition sensor. G200-GEM Chris built mine from the bottom half of the standard distributor with a couple of bolts holding the camira top half on top, which then also houses the camira ignition module. Then there is a small bit of metal pipe that fits over the original center and the stub of the camira bottom and has grub screws to hold it all together.

The other gotcha is the delco wont directly drive low impedance injectors. If you can fit the camira injectors you should be OK, but my engine had VL injectors and I required a low impedance driver. I got mine from injection connection in perth.

archangel62
Long Term Member
Long Term Member

Post by archangel62 »

Hey man thanks for the info. Since then, though, I've gone and bought a MegaSquirt II kit and am working on setting all that up.

I'm sure any info will be of use to people in the future though.

I have no ride to the JGSA cruise but I'll see if I can con a friend into taking me, I'm keen to see a G200W as I've never actually seen/heard a twincam running in real life... I assume you'd be bringing that not the SR?
Twincam needs: surge tank, EFI lines, TPS, recored radiator, hoses, assemble the ECU (50% done).

Poida
Administrator
Administrator
I live in: Vic

Post by Poida »

One of these days I'll get motivated and finish the Delco system off that I've been working slowly on. I don't know of anyone else who has bought the same programming setup I have. I still prefer to work with the delco over all other options because it's OEM and parts are cheap as well as common. I like to think my setup can be used on more than a single car for a small extra investment. All I need is a memcal adapter and a flash programmable chip. Each additional car I set up will cost about US$50.

antus
Administrator
Administrator

Post by antus »

Poida wrote:One of these days I'll get motivated and finish the Delco system off that I've been working slowly on. I don't know of anyone else who has bought the same programming setup I have. I still prefer to work with the delco over all other options because it's OEM and parts are cheap as well as common. I like to think my setup can be used on more than a single car for a small extra investment. All I need is a memcal adapter and a flash programmable chip. Each additional car I set up will cost about US$50.
Whats the programming setup you've got? Ive got a willem eprom programmer and an ebay UV eraser. Have hacked up an ECU camira/vn 808 and burnt kal to a standard memcal, had it running but will likely leave the realtime sram in the car. I figure once its programmed then it'd be the price of a security pal to make a copy and put it in another car. Not the cheapest possible option, but not bad (and capable of 2 or 3 bar map for boost)

My ECU fired up for the first time on the car yesterday with a camira AJUN memcal in there and gave code 12 all ok. Getting close to being on the road now!