g180 twin cam (sa)

If you have something to sell, post your add here...

Moderators: elky, rodeobob

gemazare
Probationary Member
Probationary Member

g180 twin cam (sa)

Post by gemazare »

Ive got a 1800 twin cam im thinking of maybe selling if i get right price as Ive spent s*#t loads on it . The head was stripped ported out then top section was reinforced welded near water galleries to allow for more porting lol $2500 spent just on port job . Then valves were all replaced and guides flowed etc etc .Cams were a custom regrind to celica specs cant remember off top of my head will need to look it up . Then we had the joys of reshimming luckily i have a spare head to mix and match and even still had to machine each shim down individualy to suit . Head would of done less than 500 km . The bottom end was line bored hot tanked crack tested honed then my favourite part the "pistons" these are a ripple top pistion that actual sit nearly an inch above top of block on tdc and go into the combustion chamber of head with fly cuts in them to allow for valve clearance from memory I used crome molly rings which will need replacing yet all pistons were individuly weighed then balanced then rods weighed balanced fitted to pistons and rebalanced weighed . Crank reground big ends and mains bearings were blue printed to suit. The whole bottom end was balanced from harmonic balancer to clutch and pressure plate yes lots of time money spent . I was running twin 42mm webers and extractors but im keeping carbies for other project but I have since bought an efi set up for it complete with all sensors injectors loom computer and have spare computer to suit twin cams aswell unfortunately the extractors i had have been stollen although i do still have standard exhaust manifold to suit . All engine mounts sump everything to suit conversion would be included . I even have 2 gearboxes for it ,ones a 4 speed with tall first gear and other is a 5 speed . Unfortunately I didnt get to drive this very much barely even got to open it up properly as it wasnt even run in b4 i blew the factory head gasket , but more money was forked out and i got a copper head gasket fabricated as the compression was a bit to high . The motor is stripped atm would only need light dunny brush hone in bores (due to sitting) and i was going to replace rings and bearings cos it got slight moisture in it when head gasket went . I would rather keep it as twin cams are getting rare but if i get right offer I will concider selling it as I have other financial commitments . To be honest i would want a couple grand . Let me know wat you think , cheers

IZU069
Spaminator
Spaminator
I live in: Vic

Post by IZU069 »

I presume no interest as yet?
What sort of power/torque was she putting out?
What compression?
Is the 4 speed box a 2-piece (ie, bell splits from centre carrier & rear?)
What brand/model EFI?
And is the EFI manifold the "up & over" type (not outwards RHS)?
IZU069 - Isuzu means a lot to me.

gemazare
Probationary Member
Probationary Member

Post by gemazare »

Never got a chance to dyno it , had about 11-1 compression , and the injection is the type that returns over itself

mitchellgeci

Post by mitchellgeci »

How much?

gemazare
Probationary Member
Probationary Member

Post by gemazare »

$2500 firm

HeidiG

Looking

Post by HeidiG »

Hey im looking, have you got pics?
HeidiG

gemazare
Probationary Member
Probationary Member

Post by gemazare »

Sorry havnt been on site in ages theres no pics its an engine if you are interested we can organise for you to come have a look

gemazare
Probationary Member
Probationary Member

Post by gemazare »

SOLD

archangel62
Long Term Member
Long Term Member

Re: g180 twin cam (sa)

Post by archangel62 »

This is now my "NA twincam" engine, waiting on an exhaust and for me to fix the rust in the TE... I can't wait... :D

I didn't buy it off of Chad though, he sold it to some guy who then sold it to me - cheap! $900, what a steal...
Twincam needs: surge tank, EFI lines, TPS, recored radiator, hoses, assemble the ECU (50% done).

IZU069
Spaminator
Spaminator
I live in: Vic

Re: g180 twin cam (sa)

Post by IZU069 »

So more than $2,000 of work lost along the way.
So typical.

The problem is - with most "worked" engine I have seen, I still prefer standard.
Hence that Adelaide (117) G200W with 5 speed, (your) Gemini extractors and 1999-vintage EMS ECU for $1,000.
Then there are bargains like the partly reassembled Piazza G200W with $1,200 forged pistons, balanced, 5-speed etc but still "standard" (except for rebores etc) for a few $hundred more. Though even that I only bought because I concluded that the work hadn't been done by the ignorant. (Where's the G-W with the Celica cam?)

Ah - I remember the "But I spent $hundreds plating the alternator and dizzy!" (Both originals - you know me - I throw them out!)

(Remember that a std G200W with no internal modifications except a cam grind & a bit of porting puts out 220-230HP (flywheel) with N/A Webers (in my case 2xDCOE45s) - but the pistons ae not reliable above 180HP.)
IZU069 - Isuzu means a lot to me.