New forum look... but it needs your help!

If you have something to sell, post your add here...

Moderators: elky, rodeobob

Poida
Administrator
Administrator
I live in: Vic

New forum look... but it needs your help!

Post by Poida »

Hi people, I have updated to a new forum look, I think it's cleaner looking and suits a car forum. The original template has an image in the grey header bar but I've removed it pending a new image being developed.

This is how it looked in default mode:
forumheader.jpg
and this is a full size of the image
2dashboard.jpg
The image dimension is 980px X 190px and the format is .jpg

I'd like forum members to offer ideas of images that focus on the twincam engine... I do have some requirements to keep in theme. I'd prefer a view of a standard engine in a car but modified engines will be considered. The engine can be fitted into any vehicle it would have originally been optioned into, not just limited to a Gemini, Piazza etc...

Any images you'd like to offer can be posted in this thread. Upload them as an attachment using the "Upload Attachment" tab at the bottom of the posting page.

Poida
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

cul8r

Re: New forum look... but it needs your help!

Post by cul8r »

Motor being pulled out at the moment, but shall have a tidier one soon enough (this is from when I was doing the conversion) . Replacing frost plugs and switching gearbox's over...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

IZU069
Spaminator
Spaminator

Post by IZU069 »

OMG - an original GW dizzy. Use the RG when that dizzy fails.

No comment about the noisy <whatever> pulley drive, other than IMO it's better to get a serpentine drive.
IZU069 - Isuzu means a lot to me.

cul8r

Post by cul8r »

Yea I had to swap the reluctors over from one to the other but other than that it worked mint straight away.

Put the RG in my gemini wagon I had - gave a nice fat spark, cant say I was 100% sold on it though

IZU069
Spaminator
Spaminator

Post by IZU069 »

Ah - usually the ignitors go, but those reluctors aren't that good compared to the modern RB/RG type; they were the same multi-pole and horizontal coil types that 1980-1990 vintage Mazdas, Nissan N13, Camira etc used.

The Isuzu dizzies of that vintage also had a horizontal magnet ring. If that cracked (which it commonly did above 7,500 RPM) the spark would die.

Most now use the RG dizzy with the RB's ignition coil and sub-harness.

PS - Oi - what's this doing in this thread? Maybe Poida will move it else instruct us where to go.
IZU069 - Isuzu means a lot to me.