Jimbos G180W

Tell us about your engine...

Moderators: elky, rodeobob

IZU069
Spaminator
Spaminator
I live in: Vic

Post by IZU069 »

Maybe Jimbo wants to get off the bitumen though.
IZU069 - Isuzu means a lot to me.

Jimbo
Probationary Member
Probationary Member

Post by Jimbo »

IZU069 wrote: What are the injector numbers? A46-000001?
part number around the top, opposite side to the plug 002 82 23, and on the side, yes it has those numbers, these are standard injectors?

also, fuel reg part number is 0 280 160 289

took the exhaust off, lots of carbon, this thing is confusing me to hell and back, i guess they didn't bother to clean up the head before they rebuilt it, no obvious signs of porting but then i really don't know what to look for, will post a pic later, thinking about taking intake off as well.

had a closer look at the sump gasket, looks like just some chopped up rubber of some sort with lots of sealastic, really reluctant to take the sump off now

Jimbo
Probationary Member
Probationary Member

Post by Jimbo »

well looks like the fuel reg is from a ford 6cyl
Ford EA, EB, ED and XG Fuel Pressure Regulator. Bosch part no. 0280 160 289.
between 89-94, no idea of its stats tho

Jimbo
Probationary Member
Probationary Member

Post by Jimbo »

Circumstances have changed, this motor is now for sale.

IZU069
Spaminator
Spaminator
I live in: Vic

Re: Jimbos G180W

Post by IZU069 »

Awaking and old/dead thread, but updating the DOHC distributor situation.

Keep the DOHC/G-W dizzy gear (at the bottom of the dizzy shaft) and use an electronic Gemini dizzy - eg, a RWD T-series Gemini or any G-Z engine dizzy with FWD RB-Gemini dizzy guts.
This is known as the "RG" dizzy and details should be available elsewhere. It can be used for ALL G-series engines (ie, OHVs, G-Z & G-S SOHCs, & G-Z DOHCs).
It is recommended to obtain the RB Gemini's blue ignition coil with its sub-harness (to the main loom, and to the dizzy ignitor connector).

Note that whilst any RB ignitor can be used, only the earlier RB upper dizzy shaft can be used. Later RB uppers are not compatible with the G-Z series distributor.
The ignitor is also common to other vehicles and is current limiting (any IgCoil can be used; no resistors/ballasts are required).

The RG dizzy is also compatible with many EFIs including Delco, microtech, megasquirt etc.
In most cases, only the reluctor sensor output is required - ie, the RB ignitor can be omitted.

And if in doubt, reluctors are superior to Halls & optics (ie, more robust & more accurate).
And the RB ignition with its blue IgCoil is difficult to beat. Forget other oil filled IgCoils (GT-40 etc), though you could try E-cores else CDIs.
IZU069 - Isuzu means a lot to me.