Poida's G180W engine in a TG Gemini sedan.

Tell us about your engine...

Moderators: elky, rodeobob

Poida
Administrator
Administrator
I live in: Vic

Poida's G180W engine in a TG Gemini sedan.

Post by Poida »

It's covered in muck but it runs. It needs a replacement A/F meter which I'm hunting around for. If I can't get one, eventually I'll adapt a Delco 808 with appropriate hardware. for the moment it's 'in storage'. :wink:

TG sedan with imported G180W engine (including original EMS) & close ratio 5 speed gearbox, Koni shocks, lowered springs.
Image Image Image Image Image
Long term plans:
Restore the body and repaint to original condition. Refit heavy duty standard height springs. If possible, get the engine running properly with it's original EMS.

archangel62
Long Term Member
Long Term Member

Post by archangel62 »

Why are you getting rid of the lowered springs? Nice car. How does the engine pull? What are you planning to use it for, any track stuff?
Twincam needs: surge tank, EFI lines, TPS, recored radiator, hoses, assemble the ECU (50% done).

Poida
Administrator
Administrator
I live in: Vic

Post by Poida »

No need for lowered springs that cause the tyres to catch the guards. Prefer it to look like it's more or less stock.

Engine runs but VERY rich due to not getting correct signals for air intake volume. Because of that I don't drive it yet. It needs to be sorted because it will cause damage if driven that way. Rapid carbon deposit in cylinders and fuel passing the rings into the oil will both lead to accelerated wear and the diluted oil will certainly take it's toll on the cam bearings so I'll avoid making it worse than it already is.

tuffTE
Probationary Member
Probationary Member

Post by tuffTE »

Rapid carbon deposit in cylinders and fuel passing the rings into the oil will both lead to accelerated wear and the diluted oil will certainly take it's toll on the cam bearings so I'll avoid making it worse than it already is.

very true. i use to have twin 45's off a rally car bolted straight onto my datto L20B be4 i bought it and it had huge jets and after i bought it i didn't get round to tuning them for a while cause i never had the time and it didn't take long and i had a snaped piston ring and when i pulled it to pieces the carbon deposits were unbelievable there were actual flakes of carbon threw the whole motor and it just stank really really bad. Absolutly FUBAR'D it.