Bellett Racer's DOHC Wasp

Tell us about your engine...

Moderators: elky, rodeobob

Bellett Racer
Probationary Member
Probationary Member

Bellett Racer's DOHC Wasp

Post by Bellett Racer »

OK, I've just copied most of this hoo-haa from my thread on Ozgemini.

my Wasp ute (tray back)
it's a 1967 Isuzu Wasp. i found 2 of these in 1994. 1 in ballarat, the other in albury, and built 1 out of the 2.

most of the stuff used was out of the albury car (as it was complete), but the ballarat car was garaged it's whole life, so the bits off it were in better condition.
as a matter of interest, the albury car had been sitting a cow paddock for 10 odd years, and the moo-ers were using it as a scratching post, so u can imagine how bad it was!!
(i'll post the pics of it when i can find them and scan them.)

the build took 9 months, and was finished in august 1994. and yes, that IS nearly 12 year old paint...

it now has a 2.0 DOHC with twin 45mm webers, a 5 speed DOHC box, rodeo disc brake front end, the list goes on...
*I'll list the details of what was needed to get it going soon.*
all the panels, badges, grille are original. chrome around the windscreen and door frames is Bellett sedan. front bumper is Bellett too (Wasp one is ugly as shit!!) wheels are 15x7.

tray is custom made by my old man and myself. uses 1978 Ford LTD tailights, and polished alloy checker plate floor. roll bar is just exhaust pipe (only for show). ohh, colour is Ford 'Monza Green' off XY GT Falcons.

here's the engine bay and interior.

*I'm going to do a few changes to the Wasp soon, including smaller (yes, SMALLER) carbs. I'll let you all know what's been done, and why, when it's all sorted again.*

If you've got any Q's, let me know, either here or on OzGemini.

Brett.

zzr81

Post by zzr81 »

very nice

archangel62
Long Term Member
Long Term Member

Post by archangel62 »

Woah, very nice indeed! G200W must fly in such a light car, especially with twin 45mm carbys! Another twincam with carbies, who woulda thought... Got any vids, or 1/4 mile times?

Looks absolutely awesome too.
Twincam needs: surge tank, EFI lines, TPS, recored radiator, hoses, assemble the ECU (50% done).

Bradlze
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bradlze »

very nice indeed so clean :lol:
the tiwn cam sits very snuggly in there as well