Radiator to suit DOHC into Gemini

Moderators: elky, rodeobob

Shano
Probationary Member
Probationary Member

Radiator to suit DOHC into Gemini

Post by Shano »

Just a quick one,
If you are after a easy swap radiator to suit your twin-cam then the Torana LC-LJ bolt straight in other than you need to elongate the bottom hole a little bit, Which is more than adequate to suit most standard to mild setups.
The main advantage of using these radiators is the fact to inlet and outlet of the radiator suits perfectly for the twin-cam being that the thermostat is housed on the exhaust side.
I still have the old hoses I used here and will get them matched up and supply some part numbers to suit soon.
TD Sedan: Not much happening there.
TX Coupe: G200W Freshly Rebuilt awaiting Turbo

archangel62
Long Term Member
Long Term Member

Post by archangel62 »

Thanks for the info, I for one am interested...

How much do these tend to go for?
Twincam needs: surge tank, EFI lines, TPS, recored radiator, hoses, assemble the ECU (50% done).

Shano
Probationary Member
Probationary Member

Post by Shano »

Im not quite sure would depend you could pick one up from the wreckers for around $70odd I guess and maybe $200ish to get it recored...
TD Sedan: Not much happening there.
TX Coupe: G200W Freshly Rebuilt awaiting Turbo

archangel62
Long Term Member
Long Term Member

Post by archangel62 »

Ahh cheers, funny though literally a couple of days ago I decided to call up myself.

Wreckers (only called one or two) said between $90 and $120, a radiator place said $240 for a recon one, they supply it. Thats for the 6cyl Torana radiator, which is apparently very similar to the 6cyl Kingswood radiator.

However having looked into all this I found out they wont fit into my (4/76) TX or any early model TX's (pre 6/76).

Does anyone know what the difference is between the early and later model Geminis radiator mounts etc which makes this impossible?
Twincam needs: surge tank, EFI lines, TPS, recored radiator, hoses, assemble the ECU (50% done).

zzr81

Post by zzr81 »

Gemini Diesel radiators are the same apart from the upper out/in is the wrong side, easy fix to get it changed.

elky
I live in: Qld

tx

Post by elky »

early tx had a cradle style radiator, only 1 nut in the bottom accessed upwards from the apron, totaly different mounting, easier to replace the radiator support then get a proper radiator

cheers
Gem-wreck

wrecking gemini's, piazzas, early rodeo's and jackaroo's 0419021757