G200W injector timing

Use this forum for general chat relating to G-Series twin cam engines...

Moderators: elky, rodeobob, Spaminator

gembus

G200W injector timing

Post by gembus »

Hey all,
I just have a few questions regarding my injector timing system on my G200W. Does my engine have a crank angle sensor insid the dizzy? And do the stock computers run Sequential injection or do all the injectors fire at the same time?

Correct me if im wrong so you dont need a crank angle sensor unless your running sequential injection or coil packs instead of a dizzy. ?

Poida
Administrator
Administrator
I live in: Vic

Post by Poida »

Being a G200W it should have an electronic dissy, right? If it has then that is also used to sense the crank position. It's batch fired injection. Sequential injection requires a bit more than the basic G series had to offer. It's possible to adapt an older engine to sequential but would mean a lot of work, stick to the batch fired injection.

Robbo

Post by Robbo »

it has also been proved by various people (main one that comes to mind is creators of the megasquirt/efi332) that sequencial injection doesn't actually provide as much benefit as it would seem. This is mainly due to the fact that on a normal engine, at revs over idle, the amount of time to squirt fuel is longer than the inlet valve is open, and therefore the squirt doesn't actually go straight into the cylinder. Seq. injection is useful for a nice idle, and can help a little in economy but not performance wise as one would think.

Read more here