G200W cooling system

Use this forum for general chat relating to G-Series twin cam engines...

Moderators: elky, rodeobob, Spaminator

gembus

G200W cooling system

Post by gembus »

On my G200 im starting to look into plumbing up the cooling system. I then realised there is and odd number of places for pipes to go to. Then i realised that water flows through the throttle body. Why does water go through the throttle body, Is it for some form of choke devise. What im getting at is, can i block these water hoses off or just bypass it.

Thanks, Jason

Robbo

Post by Robbo »

ah, water doesn't go through the throttle body... I'm assuming you are confusing the idle air control valve with something to do with water because it is mounted on the water inlet manifold... it is only bolted to that so it warms up with the engine coolant temperature, but it passes air into the throttle body.

gembus

Post by gembus »

Na its definatly water. i havnt connected up the idle air control valve yet. there is 2 metal pipes that run around the front of the engine, then rubber hoses go up between the middle of the inlet manifold to the trottle body. The water doesnt actually get squirted into the engine or anything, i just thought it could have been for a sensor or something in there or choke.

Robbo

Post by Robbo »

sorry, I don't have a stock throttle body on my engine, so don't have any of this...

gembus

Post by gembus »

Oh ok then, it can be too important then. Ill just take all that crap off.

Oh what oil do you run?. Ive been told that these engines have shit oil pumps and are very sensative to the type of oil used.

Thanks

Robbo

Post by Robbo »

my engine has always run FUXS oil, but I would suppose any high grade (not cheap shit) will be fine... something like 20-50W

Poida
Administrator
Administrator
I live in: Vic

Post by Poida »

Any 20W50 mineral oil with a rating no less than SE should be fine.

Is it possible to post a few images of the manifold so we can see these outlets you were speaking about?

gembus

Post by gembus »

Yeah ok ill take some photos tomorrow. The manifold is at a welding place getting pipe welded to the cast. I cut the stock exhaust manifold and welded 2 1/2 inch pipe to it. I only bogged it on there with an arc welder, no cast rods or anything. So there just gunna weld it up properly.

Does anyone (Poida) have a distributor cap to suit my G200W. I put an add in the wanted page.

Thanks, JAson