ITB's

Use this forum for general chat relating to G-Series twin cam engines...

Moderators: elky, rodeobob, Spaminator

twisted

ITB's

Post by twisted »

Hey guys
Thought I'd share this with you, seems like a good way to go about using ITB's using the Weber adapter plates.

http://www.extrudabody.com/servlet/the- ... IDA/Detail

Poida
Administrator
Administrator
I live in: Vic

Re: ITB's

Post by Poida »

Have to admit, if I were ever going to (further) upgrade a twincam engine that kit (or one similar) is probably the ideal starting point.

For now I'm keen to see just how much benefit and extra I can get from the Delco upgrade I have done. It has to improve over the 'hard wired' ignition curve and points limitations of the OEM system and the capacity to retune both the ignition and fuel sides also has to be a positive.

IZU069
Spaminator
Spaminator

Post by IZU069 »

But isn't >$1k a pretty hefty add-on for an engine with OEM injector manifolds??
Of course if the "standard" - well, a G200W with (IMO) forged pistons - engine output of 400Nm & 230BHP (170kW) isn't enough...

Disclaimer - Not that I'm saying higher output isn't achievable simply or cheaply (I don't know - I merely got my basic economical road tune details), but I'm merely suggesting a starting point BEFORE any additional expensive mods for GW engines.
And G180Ws should achieve similar power to the G200W but without the same low down torque - ie, 300Nm @ 2k RPM etc.
And I'm assuming EFI can at least match twin DCOE45 performance.
What did that 390HP/280kW turbo G200W GT Bellett use for induction?
IZU069 - Isuzu means a lot to me.

Poida
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Poida »

Pete, ITB are a huge step up in fuel/air delivery. Like going from a simple single carb to feed four cylinders to two DCOE/IDA feeding a cylinder per barrel.

IZU069
Spaminator
Spaminator

Post by IZU069 »

Well, for airflow, yes (but not fuel). Alas I lack that "experience" and it was my one concern with the EFI version of my 400Nm G200W which used the twin DCOE45s albethey choked to ~36mm.
But I figured RAM air maybe with (electric) fan assist should make up for any air shortfall, else that Adelaide (ex-Sydney) 390HP turbo build which - as I understand - was from the same family of builds as my road going 400Nm/230HP G200W.

A pity I didn't chase the EFI equivalent at the time but IMO their cost was way too high. (It was back in the pre-preloved-Delco days - maybe when dual injector Haltechs were the rage... But I might broach the subject next time... in a decade or 2.)
IZU069 - Isuzu means a lot to me.