Twincam Transplant

Use this forum for general chat relating to G-Series twin cam engines...

Moderators: elky, rodeobob, Spaminator

twisted

Twincam Transplant

Post by twisted »

Where is the best place to put the computer?

IZU069
Spaminator
Spaminator
I live in: Vic

Re: Twincam Transplant

Post by IZU069 »

Only 'cos there's no reply as yet, and not that I know the Gemini....

And it may depend on the ECU - ie, whether Delco or PF60/117/Piazza etc original.

But in the cabin (obviously).
Wherever convenient - ie, with the loom - maybe under glovebox or dash (RHS) or under front seats (eg Delco).

My considerations would be not in hot or warm-damp airflow; a dry location that is convenient enough to get to - and see trouble-code or status LEDs (if applicable) or be able to connect tuners or diagnostics.
Off the floor if four-wheel driving without a bilge pump.

Location is often dictated by the loom.
Not that looms cannot be extended, but best/easiest may be the loom from the vehicle that the ECU came from (including its sensors & AFM (& Delco HEI ignition module).

Location may also be influenced by legality. EG - up behind glovebox if dynamically upgradeable etc....

Sorry if I spout the obvious, but not knowing the Gemini, I don't know any specific suitable locations nor mods (eg, un-clippable lift-out gloveboxes).
IZU069 - Isuzu means a lot to me.

twisted

Post by twisted »

Thanks,
I'm just running the original PF60 Computer, so I'll just find the best spot to place it in comparison it with the loom length.

Poida
Administrator
Administrator
I live in: Vic

Post by Poida »

Then in that case, under the passenger side dash, attached to a (custom made) bracket on the inside of the firewall. Be careful not to put it in the path of water leaks... check the wiper arm pivots for leaks in particular...