G200W Full Gasket Set.

Use this forum for general chat relating to G-Series twin cam engines...

Moderators: elky, rodeobob, Spaminator

DMH-Performance
Probationary Member
Probationary Member

G200W Full Gasket Set.

Post by DMH-Performance »

Ok, you may have seen this kit for sale on ebay a few weeks ago...

Well i called M.D. Spares.

4 Horscroft Pl
Moorabbin VIC 3189

Phone: (03) 9553 0388
Fax: (03) 9555 2751

and i quoted the part number and asked them if they had anymore in stock, well suprise suprise they said no. However they told me if they got 20 orders for the kit they would make up some more.

Anyone interested in ordering 20kits and selling one to me? 8)

Oh well just thought some people would like to know about this, could interest someone.

Damo.

P.S. The brand is UNI-TORQUE by M.D.S where the package is folded, you can't really see it.

IZU069
Spaminator
Spaminator
I live in: Vic

Re: G200W Full Gasket Set.

Post by IZU069 »

It includes the cam-valley gasket, and the sump.
Now they tend to be rare!

Any idea of the price for 20 sets?
IZU069 - Isuzu means a lot to me.

Greengem20B

Post by Greengem20B »

Id take 2

DMH-Performance
Probationary Member
Probationary Member

Post by DMH-Performance »

I just spoke to them again. He told me he would email the people from japan who they get their stuff off, find out how much each kit will be and the minimum amount of kits we would have to order in one go. He won't be able to conact them untill next week though, as they are not open this week or something. He said just a deposit would have to be made to get the ball rolling.

So he will give me a call when he finds out all the details.

IZU069
Spaminator
Spaminator

Post by IZU069 »

Let's hope it isn't the Permaseals (smaller width between cylinders).

I'm sure there would be interest in sump, cam cover, head&valley gaskets on their own....

But I too am interested....

PS - In anticipation of ArchAngel's reply below ('cos he's such a cluey dude!), let me just say....
My first G200W headgasket cost about $110 in the late 1980s. I didn't need it, but in case I did....
A few years back on this or the Piazza forum, I found out the Permaseal kits were still available (for a pathetically cheap ~$80 for head & under $200 for the VRS).
I bought 2 VRS & 4 head gasket kits "just in case" and "whilst there were available".
Whilst things like that can backfire price-wise, I'd still rather have a overpriced essential than not....
Alas reproductions are now the rage - this morning I got my recently purchased Florian windscreen & door rubbers and front indicators.... and none higher then oldskool OEM prices (eg, ~$100 for windscreen rubber).

If these gasket kits are NOS - grab them! If repro, maybe sample a few, but grab them whilst stocks last. Some repros require batches of 10, 20, 200 etc for a run....
And if these kits have the sump & cam-valley gaskets....!!! Even the cam-cover gaskets are rare....

But over to Archy....
Last edited by IZU069 on 15 Mar 2010, 11:37, edited 1 time in total.

archangel62
Long Term Member
Long Term Member

Post by archangel62 »

Definitely interested! Perhaps one, perhaps five, price pending.. :wink:
Twincam needs: surge tank, EFI lines, TPS, recored radiator, hoses, assemble the ECU (50% done).

Poida
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Poida »

I'd also like to know if they can do G180W kits as well.

I found a site that lists similar part numbers but their parts database is down so I can't verify what they hold and if it is for twin cams. It's a USA site and they list the parts as Isuzu I-Marks so they would be for imports. Locally built cars are either Chevrolet or Pontiac badged.

5 87811 855 0 is an Isuzu part number for that G200W full gasket set.

I'm keeping an eye on the site I mentioned, here is the link:
http://www.masterautoparts.com

Poida
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Poida »

I have been in touch with the owner of MD Spares and explained our situation regarding the need to source parts for G series twin cam engines... help is on the way!! :mrgreen:

They have a number of parts available including the above mentioned G200W FULL gasket kit (G295SC) so the sump gasket problem looks like it is solved. I'm yet to find out what type of head gasket comes in the MD Spares full gasket set. The AA Gaskets listing shows the head gasket (S2032SC) in their VRS kit (V2032SC) is a graphite type gasket.

I have invited MD Spares to forward me a list of the G series twin cam parts they have available. The last batch of the full gasket set literaly went out the door, people were waiting for them to arrive. I have explained how forum mebers are keen to buy more and I'm told another lot will be arriving soon. I'll also post the email listing of all available parts.

Rather than complicate things by double handling, I suggest people deal directly with MD Spares and mention the forum. If we help them with greater turnover of parts, they will help us in return. I am going to invite MD Spares to the forum as a spare parts supplier.

M.D. Spares Pty Ltd
4 Horscroft Pl
Moorabbin VIC 3189
Phone: (03) 9553 0388
info@mdspares.com.au

IZU069
Spaminator
Spaminator

Post by IZU069 »

Once upon a time, instead of us multiply & separately buying, we went through someone that acted as a single buyer.
The bulk purchase not only made things cheaper, but with only one buyer, the sellers had little leverage for high prices.

The Bellett club (BCCV) did similar things in their earlier days. Granted, it was a long time ago, but the rare OEM version of the DB-52 disk pads (for GT Belletts) were sold to club members for $5 per set (DB52s were $35). Windscreens sold for $25 ('66-'69 sedans). AA gasket kits were obtained for well under 50% of their retail price.

The later "singe buyer" fell apart when others & littols decided for independence. And independence they got - we mused over the exorbitant prices they were paying, and their associated trouble.
Poida knows some of the stories - like paying >$100 for "$10 badges", or now paying >$300 for much delayed GT screens when I had a batch for $100-$150 (old glass too!) - not to mention trying to source parts that they simply could not get.

Unfortunately the later delays and poor organisation caused others to go independent yet again - eg, see the other updated thread on Weber manifolds - a good bunch of guys that decided to specify and order their own rather than wait for the "never happening" club orders. (That included parts in addition to those manifolds, and "club" includes groups formed since the BCCV & ICCA etc.)

What I am trying to say is that I agree with Poida in his last 2 posts - we should keep track of parts, and a single or group-buy front-end or channel should be established.
Associated with that is the collective knowledge to avoid inferior specification or parts, whether Weber manifolds or head gaskets with too-thin an inter-cylinder gasket width.

As to collective wisdom, I was amused when a friend recently showed me a thread from a fellow BCCVer - it seems a thermostat that did NOT have required air-bleed hole was installed. Yes - the usual vapour lock occurred with the thermostat remaining closed. I presume the temp-gauge showed normal else low whilst the head bubbled away. I'm sure I'll be updated if the head is damaged or when the head-gasket blows.
Not only should that issue be old news for the BCCV , I even recently wrote about it when I replaced my Wasp thermostat with USA-made un-holed Stant thermostat. Mind you, the vapour locker used a 192°F version (in a DOHC) whilst another replied that he used a colder type (160°F?) - and people wonder why they have troubles or their engines don't last! (All G-series use the same Tridon-type TT1-180 (82°C) thermostat.)
But those people also use 4:1 exhausts and try for high-revving power for the mighty 8-valve GWs with all sorts of money wasting & unreliable mods. I even hear that some still use oil-pressure controlled fuel pump relays, but apparently they are all on drugs...
Sarcasm over.
But I suggests heeding Poida's wisdom.