new throttlebody

Use this forum for general chat relating to G-Series twin cam engines...

Moderators: elky, rodeobob, Spaminator

tuffTE
Probationary Member
Probationary Member

new throttlebody

Post by tuffTE »

hey guys was bored today so went and got a new throttlebody for the G200W and hit it with the polish and took some pics of the size difference if any1's interested. the 3.8Ltr V6 holden item seems to be alot bigger :twisted: was thinkin about going for 1 off a 5Ltr but they seem to be really expensive in comparisson

archangel62
Long Term Member
Long Term Member

Post by archangel62 »

Friends just never seem to understand why this is a perfectly legitimate thing to do with your day...

Nice! How much did it set you back? Bolt straight on?
Twincam needs: surge tank, EFI lines, TPS, recored radiator, hoses, assemble the ECU (50% done).

tuffTE
Probationary Member
Probationary Member

Post by tuffTE »

nah won't bolt straight on i will have to make up a adapter plate for it which shouldn't be to hard, and should hopfuly make a hell of a difference when all is said and done. Cost about $50 from pickapart with TPS and the 90degree corner bend

Robbo

Post by Robbo »

since the size of the hole in the plenum is the wrong shape and size, rather than make an adapter plate by far the best choice is to bolt the tb directly to the plenum, and use a die grinder to make the hole in the plenum face match the tb size and shape.

To mount the tb to the plenum you will probably have to build up the surface with weld and grind it flat then tap new holes into it... nothing too hard, any welding/metal place could do it for you.

I did this to mount my XF falcon tb to the plenum.

tuffTE
Probationary Member
Probationary Member

Post by tuffTE »

yeah i got a spare plenum so i will probly give that a go, did the larger tb make much of a difference 4 u?

Robbo

Post by Robbo »

my engine doesn't run yet, so no :shock:

but yes, it will definately help, the stock one is rather restrictive... the only thing is they might be a little on the too big side, but I won't be sure till I get it running, which should be soon.

tuffTE
Probationary Member
Probationary Member

Post by tuffTE »

well when my bro had the motor in his gem he said it would pull well all the way to about 7k rpm, so i spose only time will tell if it makes a difference or not.
here are some more pics of the difference

slrzzz
Probationary Member
Probationary Member

Post by slrzzz »

anyone else done this?