G180W Head torque settings

Use this forum for general chat relating to G-Series twin cam engines...

Moderators: elky, rodeobob, Spaminator

archangel62
Long Term Member
Long Term Member

G180W Head torque settings

Post by archangel62 »

Hey, I need to know the head bolt torque settings for the G180W asap... Thanks. Oh and if you want to see one really weird car forum.. Take a look at this thread. It's a Jamaican car enthusiats club, they all talk like morons and drive Type Rs.. lol.. http://www.wheelsjamaica.com/wheels_for ... ic=21503.0
Twincam needs: surge tank, EFI lines, TPS, recored radiator, hoses, assemble the ECU (50% done).

archangel62
Long Term Member
Long Term Member

Post by archangel62 »

Er.. Anyone? I really need this.
Twincam needs: surge tank, EFI lines, TPS, recored radiator, hoses, assemble the ECU (50% done).

Robbo

Post by Robbo »

10.5kgm comes to mind... I'll check when I get home, but I definately have the answer at home, so don't delay taking your head off till I get back to you. I just had the head off my engine couple of months ago.

Poida
Administrator
Administrator
I live in: Vic

Post by Poida »

Isn't it included with the head gasket? The actual tension setting should be similar to that used in the SOHC engines. It's relative to the bolt diameter and thread pitch. The actual tension pattern is also probably safe enough following the same pattern as you would use on a SOHC head. Providing you tension in two stages in a manner that starts in the centre and runs out sequentially so the pressure is evenly dispersed it should be fine.

For absolute figures I'd PM Denny. He'll definately know the answer.

archangel62
Long Term Member
Long Term Member

Post by archangel62 »

Thanks heaps. The thing about it coming with the gasket is... I'm getting one made... Because I don't know where to get one new and I'd rather save myself the hassle. O.G. Speed shop said around $140 for a copper one :)

*takes off head*

EDIT: Would have taken off the head.. But.. Observe all! The wrench which moves both ways with little to no resistance! lol. Good ol' cheap Chinese crap. I'll get a real wrench and try again later. Thanks again for the help.

Robbo

Post by Robbo »

head bolt torque is 10kgm, or 98nm

archangel62
Long Term Member
Long Term Member

Post by archangel62 »

Thanks! Much appreciated.