G200w Wiring info??

Use this forum for general chat relating to G-Series twin cam engines...

Moderators: elky, rodeobob, Spaminator

katq22

G200w Wiring info??

Post by katq22 »

Does anyone know what the wire colors for the injectors on the itec injection? I have a piazza JR130 computer anyone know the pinouts? i have the loom its just it was off the motor when i got it and wanna put it on properly first time.

Thanks

Ben

elky
I live in: Qld

Post by elky »

you will prolly have to trace every wire dude...no one would know that stuff off the top of their head

i know heaps about twin cams but not wiring, most of the motors i have had were either carb or aftermarket ecu's

cheers
Gem-wreck

wrecking gemini's, piazzas, early rodeo's and jackaroo's 0419021757

katq22

Post by katq22 »

No probs thanks for the reply. How do people get them registered without standard computers?? once i get it going i will pull the loom down and get a pinout to post up here incase anyone else needs to know.

archangel62
Long Term Member
Long Term Member

Post by archangel62 »

katq22 wrote:No probs thanks for the reply. How do people get them registered without standard computers?? once i get it going i will pull the loom down and get a pinout to post up here incase anyone else needs to know.
I live in SA. I said that I bought the engine incomplete without an ECU (which is true) and that I therefore had no choice but to upgrade to an aftermarket computer. I further said that an aftermarket ECU of higher technology could only serve to increase the efficiency and reduce emissions. They said they understand and that that's fine, but that I have to get a basic emissions test (o2 and hydrocarbon) just to prove it's been tuned right. Besides that I just need an inspection to show that I've installed it properly and safely. All up it's gonna cost me like $200... Can't argue with that.
Twincam needs: surge tank, EFI lines, TPS, recored radiator, hoses, assemble the ECU (50% done).

elky
I live in: Qld

Post by elky »

yea some states are good for emissons testing, but VIC (i think) is bad , u gotta pay big $$ for testing, then if it fails you gotta go thru it all again with more $$$ outlay

personally if it was me, i would use a aftermarket ecu in a factory case....wiring factory stuff is too hit and miss for me, and i certainly wouldnt have the hand controller on display on the dash for tune...

cheers
Gem-wreck

wrecking gemini's, piazzas, early rodeo's and jackaroo's 0419021757

katq22

Post by katq22 »

Thanks for the replies. I have now had the motor running so I know the computers is fine. I will put it in with the computer as is for rego then swap to an aftermarket ecu and keep the factory one in a padded cell tucked away just in case it is needed again in the future.

katq22

Post by katq22 »

Well i have found that there are a few differences between my wiring and the Gemini manual. They are:

1. I have nothing in the connector for pins 16 & 31 which i assume is an o2 sensor they are there on the computer just no wires connecting to them.

2. I have no idea what the connector second from the top right is Pins 21 & 48. On my motor it have 21 going straight to earth.

3. On my motor i have pin 15 coming from the neg coil but the diagram show it as pin 18, which on mine is another earth.

4. On the diagram it shows pin 49 going to earth where as on mine it goes and joins pin 4 of the AFM. (this is done with wire not from factory)

5. I have no wire connected to pin 3 which the diagram shows going to the connector in the bottom left.

6. My injectors are wired in a different order but a combination of the same pins.

Is it more likely that this is a different computer or that my wiring has been butchered? (which it has by extending wires) and the plug looks a little mauled.

I would not think it is coincidence that most of the pins line up together correctly. The motor runs i have had it running very briefly but could it be maybe only running in a limp mode?

I have sent the Gemini diagram to a translation service to get a quote on translating it to English (not too bad they charge a fee of 11c a character)

My wiring on my motor.

The wiring in the PF60ZZ Manual

My computer