A Few Questions....

Use this forum for general chat relating to G-Series twin cam engines...

Moderators: elky, rodeobob, Spaminator

bad 44u

Post by bad 44u »

im not sure if this was covered but the standard exhaust manifold will hit the engine mounts, you'll need a set of extractors that will clear the mount and have clearance for the starter motor.

Poida
Administrator
Administrator
I live in: Vic

Post by Poida »

All the gearboxes are the same length be they course or fine (mid 81 on) spline. The tail shafts vary in length according to where the box ends up sitting (fore and aft related in the tunnel). In the Aust cars, the petrol and diesel boxes each use different length tail shafts because the engine is mounted in a different position. Petrol boxes have a grey painted shaft and diesel have a black painted shaft. I have found that all my diesel boxes have all had course spline shafts and have a tail shaft with a non serviceable uni joint. It is sealed for life and so far I have not found any that have failed. I suspect these shafts were sourced from Japan. The petrol engine cars all use replaceable uni joints. It's the same standard part used on all in line 6 cylinder Holden cars.

Belly 1
Probationary Member
Probationary Member

Post by Belly 1 »

Anyone got the contact Number or e mail for Buirsons I am looking for VRS kit for G1800w

Thanks
Wayne

Bradlze
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bradlze »

:roll: you serious? why not try the yellow pages?

archangel62
Long Term Member
Long Term Member

Post by archangel62 »

bad 44u wrote:im not sure if this was covered but the standard exhaust manifold will hit the engine mounts, you'll need a set of extractors that will clear the mount and have clearance for the starter motor.
How does it fit stock? or is that only for G200W in a Gemini?
Twincam needs: surge tank, EFI lines, TPS, recored radiator, hoses, assemble the ECU (50% done).