SOHC Head Gasket blank.

Use this forum for general chat relating to G-Series twin cam engines...

Moderators: elky, rodeobob, Spaminator

zzr81

Post by zzr81 »

As mentioned in the ForSale section many moons ago, I have two original Isuzu VRS kits and another head gasket for the G180W, i got these via Japan and cost me an arm and a leg, but i measure them up if you like?

archangel62
Long Term Member
Long Term Member

Post by archangel62 »

Funny you should say that.

I went and measured the bore on my old head gasket. I guess I was so busy reading stats on the net I never went and measured it, lol. It was 88mm easy, I'm using a crummy tape measure but I'm pretty sure it'd be the 88.7mm you mentioned.

What material are these gaskets made from zzr81 & ISU069? I may be interested but I think I'll try to get mine modified cause I just forked out $200 for it lol, and it's copper decomp. too.

Thanks though and I'll bear it in mind! Fingers crossed eh?
Twincam needs: surge tank, EFI lines, TPS, recored radiator, hoses, assemble the ECU (50% done).

IZU069
Spaminator
Spaminator
I live in: Vic

Post by IZU069 »

Certainly looks like carbon fibre to me: gunmetal-grey plain gasket with metal vaneer around combustion chambers and one O-ring in oil feed line; classic fibreglass/layered edge look.
Thumbs up.
IZU069 - Isuzu means a lot to me.

archangel62
Long Term Member
Long Term Member

Post by archangel62 »

Yeah thats it, are they re-useable?
Twincam needs: surge tank, EFI lines, TPS, recored radiator, hoses, assemble the ECU (50% done).

IZU069
Spaminator
Spaminator
I live in: Vic

Post by IZU069 »

Not to my knowledge.
IZU069 - Isuzu means a lot to me.

Tassie ZZ/Z
Probationary Member
Probationary Member

Post by Tassie ZZ/Z »

I have re used a head gasket before, metal around the bores etc can't remember the brand.

No leaks or problems for me, obviously I would only re use once though
ZZ/Z DOHC - The way they should have been

archangel62
Long Term Member
Long Term Member

Post by archangel62 »

Hmm do all copper head gaskets need O-ringing? ACL, the mob who made this, said this doesn't but apparently, according to a guy at a business (who stood to gain from saying this), ACL havn't been doing copper gaskets for long and don't know their stuff. However I am inclined to think the guy who told me that just wanted to talk me into getting a copper gasket made through him, and getting my block o-ringed by him.

Do all copper head gaskets need o-ringing? I've been told that if you use 3M sealant or 3-bond compound 1207B and face the block and head it'll be fine. I don't know if I want to stick piano wires in my rare twincam head?

Btw, at a different business, I can have copper gaskets made up to fit perfectly for $160-180, absolutely kicking myself, that's less than mine bloody cost me, oh well lol, hmm I might sell on the one I bought and get one made? If anyone's interested in one of these PM me, the place is called "Copper Gaskets" in Burton, in the North of Adelaide, ph. (08) 8280 9888. He needs a template of course but if anyone needs one made, I'll take one of my gaskets in if you post me $20 for gas - cause it's a bit of a hike lol.

pt6965

Blank head gaskets.

Post by pt6965 »

ACL make blank head gaskets for making custom gaskets, or you could try using sheet copper to make the head gasket,