G200W Turbo OEM

Use this forum for general chat relating to G-Series twin cam engines...

Moderators: elky, rodeobob, Spaminator

mikuni

G200W Turbo OEM

Post by mikuni »

Ok, i think this guys got it all wrong because the exhaust port spacing is wrong. All G200W's that I've seen have the exhaust ports evenly spaced, but this manifold isn't. Even so the guy seems pretty set positive that hes right. Do you guys think its a 4ZC1-T manifold?

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing ... ermanent=0

If any of you can't get to the link let me know and I'll suss out posting the pics
1979 Vauxhall Chevette Wagon G200W
1982 Isuzu Gemini Wagon G161

loui
Probationary Member
Probationary Member

Post by loui »

Nah your right mate, the ports must be evenly spaced

strange one this one the flanges look right but the two center port spacings are not right

Mystery

Cheers

Loui

GeminiCoupe
Long Term Member
Long Term Member

Post by GeminiCoupe »

That isnt a factory 4ZC1 Piazza manifold nor is it a SOHC G series manifold [square ports]. Could possibly be some sort of cast replacement for a 4Z, havent got my motors here so i cant check for you.

Nick-
Project One - 1976 TX Gemini Coupe G200z Turbo
Daily - S15 200SX, 13.29 @ 107mph

Poida
Administrator
Administrator
I live in: Vic

Post by Poida »

I have actually been communicating with a New Zealander who has two of these manifolds. I suspect it is the same person.

At first I thought it might be a twin cam manifold till I realised it had the wrong port spacing.

I think it is off some 4Z series engine but definately not the Piazza one. Notice how the turbo mount point is offset differently to the Piazza one. It's possible that might cause some problems with fitting it in both a Piazza or Gemini engine bay due to the turbo and engine mount getting in each others way.

I told him I'm interested in taking one off his hands. I'll be looking at mounting it on a G161 that I have plans to fit in my Toyota RN25 ute! It has a 12R engine with the engine mounts right up front where the alternator bracket mounts. I have some tricky mount adapters that were offered to me by Bellett Racer a while back. He had previously used them to fit a G161Z into a Bellett. They locate the mounts right up where the 12R mounts are.

mikuni

Post by mikuni »

Cool, thanks for that you guys. I had just narrowed it down to being a 4ZC1 manifold but now that you point that out Poida it does make abit more sence. Abit strange tho aye! Apparntly you can just mount the 4ZC1-T manifolds upside down in a gem to clear the mount.

And, I'm still not quite sure about you putting a G series in a Toyota. Toyota motors are great man. A little g161 turbo would be cool but for the effort you could get a nice 18R-G or even some newer like a 3S-GE. good luck with it either way. Progress pics are required also :P

Poida
Administrator
Administrator
I live in: Vic

Post by Poida »

The reason I want to put another engine into it in place of the 12R is so I can fit a 5 speed box. I'm not looking for some mind boggling powered beast. Just an economical comfortable to run tray back workhorse. I also have plenty of G161 engines. The Toyo is my work hack and is already fitted with twin 67L (usable) LPG tanks. With a total of 134 litres of LPG it has fantastic range for long distance trips. It just works too hard with the 4 speed when on the freeway and you can't fit a 5 speed to the 12R engine. Easy enough to replace with a G161 and 5 speed box. I can probably still mount it all on the original chassis mount locations once I manfacture the right adapters.

GeminiCoupe
Long Term Member
Long Term Member

Post by GeminiCoupe »

It has now occured to me what this manifold is off. It is a factory type cast manifold [notice the mounts for the heatshield?] but it is DEFINATELY not a Piazza one. Drum roll please...

Isuzu Aska Turbo.

Nick-

mikuni

Post by mikuni »

Haha good effort. An educated guess? Do these askas run a twincam rwd g series layout also or are they fwd 4z series? i don't think we get them here anyway but just out of interest...

GeminiCoupe
Long Term Member
Long Term Member

Post by GeminiCoupe »

FWD 4Z series. The Aska Irmscher R had the 4ZC1 Turbo, saw pics of one recently [if only i could find the pic] and the orientation looks strangely like the manifold above.

Nick-